Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies


I am in a baking mood last night so after I got home from work and had eaten my dinner, I prepared the ingredients for the peanut butter cookies that my cousin has been  begging me to make.

I planned on making half of the recipe that I got from allrecipes.com, when I realized that I already ran out of flour! Yes, big mistake on my part coz I did not checked if I still have flour on my pantry. Good thing that the remaining flour that I had was still a ½ cup so I can still make a forth(1/4) of the recipe, since the original recipe calls for 2 cups. I just decided that I’ll just make smaller cookie doughs so that I can still have more cookies baked.
peanut butter I used

cookies doughs ready to be baked

I used Skippy Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter that has been on our kitchen for awhile now(but still not expired) and that was a good thing since it already has peanuts on it that added more crunch on the cookies. I was very satisfied with the output, very soft indeed and chewable, although I could’ve made more if I was not lacking in flour.  The cookies were gone in an hour or so, but I was able to reserve some pieces for my friend that I’ll bringing at work. Byt the way, I was able to make 24 medium sized cookies for a forth of the original recipe.


Anyway, I tweaked the recipe a little, instead of margarine I used unsalted butter, I just added a pinch of salt. I chilled the cookie dough for about 20 minutes and I also added more peanut butter and some chocolate chips coz kids love it and I love it!
cookies cooling from the wire rack

it's ready to eat!

2 comments:

avagabondmom said...

the cookies look great with the choco chips!

i♥pinkc00kies said...

omg i love PB! sana i'll learn how to bake rin

 

My Adventures In Simple Baking Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design