Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

For our merienda for today, I baked oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for my family. I am not really a fan of oatmeal cookies but since I haven't tried it yet I decided to try it and honestly I am pleased with the outcome(though the appearance looked like hamburger patties... lol!). The result was crispy tasting cookies that I really wanted. By the way, my total yield for this recipe is 27 cookies.

I found many recipes for this so what I did was combine all the ingredients that I found from different sites to come up with something that I want to use to try for myself and this is what I came up with...

OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

INGREDIENTS:
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar (I don't want it to be too sweet)
3/4 cup butter(salted)
2 1/3 cups rolled oats ( I used 200g pack of quaker oats)
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg
1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped nuts(I used roasted almonds)

PROCEDURE:
1. Preheat oven to 350'F(175'C).
2. Mix butter and sugar until creamy then beat egg and vanilla extract in the mixture.
3. In a separate bowl, mix all dry ingredients(flour, cinnamon and baking soda).
4. Add dry ingredients into the butter mixture and mix.
5. Add rolled oats, choco chips and chopped almonds and mix until combined.
6. Put rolled oats mixture into the baking sheet and flatten each with fingers. Bake for 15-18 minutes if you want it crispy then remove from oven and let it cool from wire rack completely.


1 comments:

anne said...

I haven't baked oatmeal cookies for quiet sometime ! I grin re looks like a hamburger patties ! lol The last time I baked oatmeal cookie and posted it on my fb page my friend made a comment , are these chicken nuggets ! hee hee

 

My Adventures In Simple Baking Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design