Steamed Puto with Cheese

I just made steamed puto with cheese for our merienda(my first time) and what can I say? It was so tedious to make! I had a total yield of 68 puto's all in all. I was so tired from doing it that I just want to sleep and retire on my bed after, that's how tired I was! But it all compensated from the positive reviews my family made coz they absolutely loved it! They even said "parang may handaan ha?"...haha!!!

I got the recipe from rlin0811, one of my GT sisters from Femalenetwork.com... thanks a lot sis! I had no idea that this recipe would amount to a plenty yield of steamed puto that's why I just bought 20 puto molders thinking I would just use all and also use my 12 cup muffin tray, I wished I bought another 20 molders but it's really ok, I guess I have to buy another one next time. Speaking of next time I will definitely add food coloring the next time I make this, you know ala-Goldilocks, coz I now want to add this for my daughter's birthday celebration this July. Anyway, did you notice how cute the molders are? I picked the colors myself..haha!

Here's the recipe(I copied it exactly):

Ingredients:
3 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cup white sugar
3 tbsp baking powder
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup melted butter
3 cups fresh milk (I used alaska fresh milk)
quickmelt cheese (for toppings)

Procedure:
1. Mix the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, sugar).
2. Put eggs, milk and butter. Mix the batter well. (I used electric hand mixer)
3. Put the batter in small muffin pans and let it steam for 10 minutes or until inserted toothpick becomes clear.
4. Put cheese on top and let it steam again until the cheese melts.

I just noticed that after 8minutes it was already done that's why on the next batch I lessened the time and made it 8minutes sharp and put the cheese and cover again for another 2 minutes.

Lastly, before I forget, I did not used my oven for this. I guess I have to let my oven rest for awhile from baking...

1 comments:

i♥pinkc00kies said...

wow it looks yummy!!!

 

My Adventures In Simple Baking Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design