David Lebovitz's Chocolate Chip Cookies


Last Monday night, I had finally mustered the guts to finally bake this chocolate chip cookie recipe by David Lebovitz. I’ve been thinking a lot whether to make this or not because the dough has to be refrigerated for at least 24 hours before baking. And when it comes to baking, I don’t have the patience to wait a long time! But, there’s a lot of good reviews for this recipe that I cannot pass the chance to make my own review too.

I already did three different recipes for chocolate chip cookies, and though the outcome was good, I still have yet to find the recipe that really suits my taste. This is the chance to know if this is really the perfect recipe that I’m looking for.

The recipe instructions as well as the ingredients itself was really standard but what makes it different from the other recipes was that the dough must be divided into four and make it into a log. So in the end you must produce four logs measured about 9 inches each. Well what can I say? I wasn’t able to divide the dough into a log because the dough was very sticky that I had a very hard time rolling it to become a log. That was even after I put a generous amount of flour on my work surface so I could work on making a log. It was really sticky that I decided to just put a cling wrap on the mixing bowl where my dough was and refrigerate it for 24 hours before baking.

Waiting was really hard but once you get to the baking part it was all worth it. So after waiting for a day(which seemed like a month), I removed the mixing bowl from the ref and noticed how the dough firmed up a lot. I already pre-heated my oven to 350’F and used ice cream scoop(it was hard coz the dough was so hard) to place it to the baking sheet and baked. Since my oven is a small one, I had batches of cookies baked and I notice that when I used my silpat baking liner, the cookies tend to spread a lot. While when I used just the ordinary parchment paper, the cookies tend to become thicker. So in later batches, I just used parchment paper to bake the remaining cookie dough.

I so love the outcome of the cookies! It was not too sweet(but that was because I lessened the white sugar and made it just ½ cup), chewy and soft but had some crunchiness courtesy of the almonds. I also liked that the choco chips was not too much(I just had about 10 ounces of choco chips instead of 14 ounces) because I just don’t like too much chocolate on my cookies. This is definitely the best chocolate chip cookies that I made! This will definitely be my go to recipe when it comes to choco chip cookies! Next time I’ll try to make a log, maybe just like I did on previous recipes, I did overmix the batter so I wasn’t able to roll the dough into a log. I’ll make it better next time :)
You can find the recipe here:  David Lebovitz's Chocolate Chip Cookies

0 comments:

 

My Adventures In Simple Baking Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design