Inipit

I wanted to bake today but I don't have any butter anymore. I tried to find butter inside our subdivision so that I wouldn't have to go outside to go to the supermarket but I haven't found any. So what I did was try to find a recipe that doesn't require any butter and luckily I found a recipe for Inipit which doesn't have any butter on the ingredients.

I adjusted the original recipe for this because I don't have any 12x16x1/2inches pan. I only have 12x8x1/2inches pan so the measurements below were for that pan size. If you have a 12x16x1/2inches pan, the link below will take you to the original recipe.

We had some visitors earlier so after making Inipit, I served it immediately for our guests. Wow, the inipit were gone in just a matter of hours. It was so soft, the filling were not that sweet but so delicious! As usual just like the brownies, I had some trouble slicing it because it tends to break into crumbs as I cut. So what I did was run the knife into hot water then slice it carefully. It was still not perfect but at least it became much easier to cut.
Ingredients:

BASE 1:
1 cup Cake Flour
1/4 cup White Sugar
1/6 cup Vegetable oil(just halved the oil in a 1/3 cup)
1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
4 pcs eggyolks
1/4 cup water

Procedure:
1. Preheat oven at 350'F
2. Mix well all ingredients and set aside.


BASE 2:
4pcs egg whites
6 tbs White Sugar
1/2 tsp cream of tartar

Procedure:
1. Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and set mixer on high speed for about 5 minutes or until stiff but not dry.
2. Combine Base 1 and Base 2, mix well using rubber spatula.
3. Divide the batter into half and put on a 2 12x8x1/2inches pan with greased parchment paper. Tap once onto working table to release air bubbles.
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes(mine was baked for 23 minutes).
5. Turn the pans upside down and peel parchment paper. Cool the sponge cakes.

Filling:
1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
1/4 cup White Sugar
154ml evaporated milk
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla

Procedure:
1. Combine all ingredients on a heavy sauce fan. Mix until dissolved.
2. Cook the filling in a low fire and continue stirring until the filling coats a spoon. Set aside and allow to cool.

To assemble:
1. Put the filling on one sponge cake and press the other sponge cake into it. Cut anyway you want and enjoy eating!

Recipe adapted here: Inipit Recipe

0 comments:

 

My Adventures In Simple Baking Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design