Much Better

Look at my red velvet cupcakes! It looks and tasted so much better than what I did before. I made 12 cupcakes, half of it I sold to my cousin’s classmate and half of it, well we ate it on our home :) I lessened my powdered food color(Ferna Strawberry Red food color) from 1 tbs so 1/2tsp and the color was better. So glad too that my frosting went well. I just used cooked buttercream frosting that tasted so good! This is the kind of frosting that I was looking for, not too sweet but has the buttery taste and has enough sweetness which was perfect for the red velvet cupcakes!

Here’s the recipe for the frosting(got the recipe from momswhothink.com):
Frosting Ingredients:
3 Tablespoons flour
1 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup butter

Frosting Directions:
1. Blend into a small saucepan the 3 tablespoons of flour and the cup of milk. Add the milk to the flour slowly, avoiding lumps.
2. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture resembles glue.
3. Cool completely.
4. Cream together sugar, butter, and vanilla until fluffy.
5. Add to cooked mixture. Beat, high speed, until very fluffy. Frost cooled cake or cupcakes.

2 comments:

Yan said...

Hi sis, what tip did you use here? gorgeous swirls! :-)

Cecil De Jesus said...

hi! I used Wilton 1M tip. Thanks for dropping by :)

 

My Adventures In Simple Baking Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design