Capuccino Bars

Don't know what to bake last weekend, so I just randomly picked a very easy recipe from my recipe notebook and found Capuccino Bars recipe.

This is so easy to make but as usual(like always!) I forgot yet again an ingredient from the recipe. You see chocolate chips must be stirred in with the final mixture but since I did not do mes en place I forgot to include the chocolate chips! I am very sure that this would taste better with the choco chips but because of my laziness I must satisfy myself with very plain capuccino bars.

But mind you, this still tastes good with a hint of coffee and I think I chewed about 4 bars in all :)

Here's the recipe:
Ingredients:
1 cup + 6 tbsp    sifted all-purpose flour
1 & 1/4 tsp         baking powder
1/4 tsp                salt
6 tbsp                 butter, melted(I subsituted this with vegetable oil coz i don't have butter)
1 cup                  packed brown sugar(not packed at all coz I don't want it to be too sweet)
1 tbsp                 light corn syrup(I have a bottle that says corn syrup, don't know the diff. between light and plain corn syrup)
1 tbsp                 coffee powder dissolved in 1 tbsp water
6 tbsp                 beaten eggs
1/2 cup               chocolate chips(dang I forgot this! So prepare your ingredients first and don't you ever forget this!)

Procedure:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Line 9x5 in. pan with aluminum foil.
2. Combine dry ingredients. Sift and set aside.
3. In another bowl, using wire whisk, combine the melted butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and dissolved coffee.
4. Add the eggs and beat till blended. Pour in the flour mixture just until flour combined.
5. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour in the prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes.

 
 

0 comments:

 

My Adventures In Simple Baking Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design