Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Just made Pineapple Upside Down Cake this morning and it was already gone this evening :) I really love this cake because the sponge cake was so soft and it complimented really well with the pineapple slices and the cherries.

This recipe was adapted from Panlasang Pinoy site and I just had some modifications done on the recipe which was itemized below:

- used 3 tbs of butter(melted) instead of 4 tbs
- used 4 tbs of brown sugar instead of 6 tbs

- used butter instead of shortening
- added 2 tbs of pineapple juice to the batter

Now I had a major boo boo moment when I forgot to add 1 major ingredient on the batter! You see I already put the batter on the baking pan when I saw that there's still milk on the measuring cup that I put it into. Oh that's why my batter was so thick! I immediately panicked but got my senses back and told myself I have to redo it again. So after removing the pineapple slices and the cherries(I can still use it),I put the batter without the milk on the trash can and immediately make another one and start all over again :( Thank goodness I still got plenty of butter...

So this is the result of my pineapple upside down cake. Still successful I might say despite some problems encountered :)



1 comments:

sanna said...

Gotta try this. I wanted to try upside down cake for a while but always have been afraid to.

 

My Adventures In Simple Baking Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design