Baked Mac

Hi! I was able to make baked mac at last! I used Panlasang Pinoy's recipe though I made modifications coz I only have an 8x8 pyrex dish. Below are my modifications in red:

Baked Macaroni Recipe

Ingredients

  • 1 lb uncooked elbow macaroni (I used about 3/4 of this)
Meat Sauce:
  • 3 tbsp butter (2 tbs)
  • 1 lb ground beef (1/4 kilo)
  • 1 ½ cup diced tomatoes (canned) (used fresh tomatoes, 2 pc)
  • 1 small onions, diced
  • 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced (used 1 medium size)
  • 1/2 cup tomato paste (used about 100 grams)
  • 1 tsp paprika (1/2 tsp)
  • 1 piece beef cube
  • 1 cup water (1/2 cup)
  • 1 tbsp sugar (1/2 tbs)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Mornay Sauce:
  • 3 tbsp butter (2 tbs)
  • 3 tbsp all-purpose flour (2 tbs)
  • 2 cups fresh milk (1 cup)
  • 1/4 tsp salt (1/8 tsp)
  • 1 ounce grated parmesan cheese (90 grams)
  • 2 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese (don't have this so I just used parmesan cheese)
Finished product was delicious! Though I just wish I didn't just used parmesan cheese coz the mornay sauce became a little too dry. Next time I will definitely use cheddar cheese!
 
 
inside the oven!

0 comments:

 

My Adventures In Simple Baking Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design