Binagoongang Lechon Kawali sa Gata

I found this recipe on a magazine. One of my favorite dishes is the one that has gata or coconut cream on it. So when I saw this recipe, I went ahead and gave it a try. By the way,  I already did the frying of the Pork Belly before and you can find the recipe Here. So what I will share with you is the recipe for the Gata Sauce. Here it is:

Gata Sauce:
2 tbsp    oil
2 pcs      medium red onions, sliced
1/2 cup   garlic, chopped
1 cup      tomatoes, sliced
1/2 cup   leeks, sliced(don't have this)
1/2 cup   bagoong, raw
3-4 tbs    vinegar
2 pcs      finger chili, sliced
2 pcs      bay leaves
1 cup      water
1 tsp       MAGGI MAGIC SARAP
1 cup      coconut cream(don't use the canned ones, fresh is better)
              cooked pork belly cubes

Instructions:
1. In a wok, heat oil. Saute onions, garlic, tomatoes and leeks till soft. Add bagoong and cook for 2-3 minutes.Pour in vinegar and simmer.
2. add finger chili, bay leaves, water and Magic Sarap. Let simmer over low heat for 5 minutes. Pour in coconut cream and simmer for 7-8 minutes.
3. Pour sauce over cooked pork belly cubes.


0 comments:

 

My Adventures In Simple Baking Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design