Banana Chocolate Cupcakes with Fluffy Boiled Icing

Last Friday, I was really itching to bake and I really cannot wait for Saturday to do it so I went to the supermarket after work and bought some bananas and milk coz I want to bake Banana Chocolate Cupcakes, the recipe which I found from Joy Of Baking site.

Maybe I just missed baking so much, imagine not baking for over a month? So this is the recipe that comes to mind that I really wanted to do and I'm glad that I did coz it's so easy and the outcome was superb! Love it, so moist and so delicious! The bananas were just enough(I mashed about 3 small bananas) for the cupcakes and the icing that I combined with the cupcakes was also delicious. This is the first time that I made boiled icing so I was a bit nervous but all I can say is for a first time, I think I did well coz my family said that it tasted good. I used meringue powder coz I was a bit afraid of using egg whites for fear of contamination(aka salmonella?) but who knows maybe if I muster enough courage I'll be able to make an icing made of egg whites :) Click the recipe for the Wilton Fluffy Boiled Icing that I used.

I was able to use the Wilton Dessert Decorator Plus that my sister gave me and I used it to pipe the icing to the cupcakes. I really am not a fan of it coz the result was not the ones that I expected. Maybe because I don't used it correctly but I really had a hard time piping the icing :( I think the piping bags were easier to use so I think I'll pass using my Wilton Decorator Plus the next time.
IMG_1258

0 comments:

 

My Adventures In Simple Baking Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design