Fruity Graham Cake

My daughter, has been telling me since last week that she wanted me to "bake" a graham cake coz she loves it daw and it's so delicious that she really wanted me to make this last weekend.

So who am I not to please my little angel? So last Saturday, we bought the ingredients to the grocery and made it also that day.

I don't know why I haven't perfected this after making this over and over again. Mine always came out runny and the cream(plus the condensed milk)always doesn't set perfectly. But this time I was able to make it set(well a little) because I added a packet of unflavored gelatin. It still wasn't perfect, but at least it wasn't as runny as the previous ones I did. I read from other forums that the secret on making the "perfect" graham cake is to chill(preferably)the cream overnight but I haven't done that coz we're too excited to taste this delicious cake! Maybe next time, I'll do that. But for now, I'm quite happy with the result, not too sweet but creamy no bake graham cake for me and my daughter!


Fruity Graham Cake
Ingredients:

1 pack Graham Crackers(Honey Flavor)

2 can Nestle Cream(tetra pack)

1 can Alaska Condensed Milk

1 can Del Monte Fruit Cocktail (big can), drained

1 sachet Ferna Clear and Unflavored Gelatin

1/2 cup hot water

Instruction:

1. Dissolve gelatin into 1/2 cup of hot water. continue to stir till small crystals were dissolved. Set aside.

2. Combine Nestle Cream and Alaska Condensed milk. Mix the gelatin(must not be hot)into the cream-milk mixture.

3. Prepare your container and place the first layer of graham crackers. Put some of the fruits and add the cream-milk-gelatin mixture on top of the graham crackers and fruits.

4. Repeat procedure till container is full. top with remaining fruits.

5. Refrigerate(preferably overnight). But if you can't wait till the next day, refrigerate it for 1-2 hours.

As you can see, some of my graham crackers floated when I put the cream mixture, I think the mixture must be chilled on the ref for awhile before putting it on top of the crackers so it won't be too runny.
IMG_1448[1]
IMG_1451[1]

0 comments:

 

My Adventures In Simple Baking Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design