Basic Butter Cake

Made this easy butter cake early this afternoon and since it's my first time to bake a butter cake, I tried to find a tried and tested but easy recipe that I could make.

Casa Veneracion site is one of those food sites that I frequently visit because her recipes are easy to follow and she's very straight forward on answering queries about her methods and recipes. If you want to also try this recipe you can visit her site here: Butter Cake.

Anyway, eventhough this is a butter cake I did not use a real butter for this :( I only have a Baker's Best Margarine(the package says "The margarine that's ideal for baking!") available and I wanted try to if this would work for baking. Well, say what? I was so surprised that this tasted so good! I love it so much and my family loved it too! I think this would taste better if I used a real butter but this doesn't taste bad either. Before I was so afraid of using margarine what more on using it on a butter cake! Butter cake requires butter, duh? But I want an adventure and I want to take chances so I used a margarine and I did not fail coz I'm not kidding it really was so good :) By the way, I just omitted the salt for this recipe and to substitute buttermilk, I added about 1 tsp of vinegar to 1/3 cup of milk and let it stand for 10 minutes.

I'm not saying that it's ok not to use real butter for this one, but if you really want to have butter cake but don't have butter or unable to buy one, you can substitute this with margarine if you want. This is the first time I used margarine, I always use butter when one requires it but I think I will now buy margarine for emergency purposes only :)
image
image
image

0 comments:

 

My Adventures In Simple Baking Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design