Chocolate Chip Cookies with Meiji Almond Chocolates

Our neighbor gave us a box of Meiji Almond Chocolates from Japan and since I don’t really eat chocolates I decided to mix it with chocolate cookies I planned to make. I chopped the almond chocolates plus I also added about a quarter cup of chocolate chips to the cookie batter to give it more volume. I reduced the sugar in this recipe since the chocolates itself are already sweet.

Ingredients: (I yielded 30 medium sized cookies in all)
1 ¾ cups all purpose flour
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 stick + 7 tbs unsalted butter
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1 egg
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 box of Meiji Almond Chocolates
¼ cup chocolate chips (or more if you like)

Procedure: Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Set aside. Beat butter and sugars in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Stir in almond chocolates and chocolate chips.

Drop by rounded tablespoons about an inch apart onto prepared baking sheets.

Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes. Transfer to wire racks and cool completely.

0 comments:

 

My Adventures In Simple Baking Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design