Chocolate Pound Cake (A Birthday Cake for my Nanay)

Made this super delicious chocolate cake(Please click HERE for the recipe) last Saturday for my mother's 66th birthday celebration. I originally planned to use ganache frosting to top the cake with, but unfortunately like as always my problem is, there's no heavy cream available on the supermarkets I went to. There's no available at Puregold and Savemore. I planned on going to SM Supermarket but I due to heavy traffic last Friday, I postponed my travel to SM. Instead, I just used Frosty Boy for the frosting of the cake and colored it yellow. I also added edible flowers which I bought, to add beauty to the cake since mine is just  a simple one.

The cake itself was not too sweet, very moist and buttery. The kids loved the cake! I just wished I was able to make ganache for the cake... it could have been more delicious :(


0 comments:

 

My Adventures In Simple Baking Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design