Yema Cake (Round Cake)

I so love yema cake that I already am selling yema cakes now to my co-workers. I am now selling tubs of yema cakes and also 8 inch round cakes(1 layer and 2 layers). The recipe I use is the one I think almost everybody on bake happy manila fb page uses :) Please follow recipe below. This recipe is very easy to follow and the taste itself is very delicious and not too sweet. This time I uses the yema frosting included on the recipe. On the yema cupcakes that I did before, I used bakehappy.net's recipe. So now I include here the yema frosting I used. By the way, the whole recipe's yield's 8 large llanera yema cakes and 4, 8in. round yema cakes.




Yema Cake

Ingredients and Procedure
2 ½ cups cake flour
1 tbs baking powder
1 tsp salt
½ cup granulated sugar
- Mix everything together and set aside

8 egg yolks
½ cup oil
½ cup water
½ cup sweetened orange juice(I used Del Monte)
- Add them to the dry ingredients. Mix well then set aside This will be your batter mixture

Meringue Mixture
8 egg whites
1 tsp cream of tartar
½ cup sugar(add gradually when your egg whites+cream of tartar become frothy)
- Beat till soft peaks form then fold in to your batter mixture

Pour batter into individual baking cups. Bake for 12-15 minutes on a pre-heated oven at 325’F

Yema Frosting:
8 egg yolks
2 tbsp. cornstarch
1 can evap (big)
2 cans condensed milk (big)
1 pack nestle all purpose cream
1 tsp vanilla
2-3 tbsp. butter

Instruction:
Mix thoroughly then cook(low fire) continuously until it thickens(about 20-30 minutes). Strain to remove lumps and cool completely before using.

4 comments:

Kristine Rachel said...

Hi. How much batter do you put per mould? TIA

Cel D. said...

1 recipe yielded 4, 8 inch round cake and 8 larg llanera tubs :)

Kate said...

Hi

Is this 'nestle all purpose cream' the same as thickened cream?

Also what is one pack equivalent to? 250mls?

Thanks

Cel D. said...

1 pack is equal to 1 tetra pack of nestle all purpose cream. sorry for the late reply :)

 

My Adventures In Simple Baking Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design