Fruitcake Roons

I added these dessert for our Media Noche last Dec.31, 2015. I had this brochure from Del Monte Kitchenomics since I don't know when and it has recipes for the holiday season. I so wanted to make fruitcake since last year but I just didn't had time to do it. And I saw this recipe and it looked easy so I thought well why don't I gave it a try.

Well it tasted like a fruitcake, but the kids didn't like it, haha! I suggest don't buy local glazed fruits coz I didn't like the taste of it. Or add dates and more nuts like pecans or walnuts. I just added cashew nuts and I'm glad I added nuts coz the glazed fruits' taste are just overpowering.

Anyway, here are my fruitcake roons from Del Monte. Recipe below the pic...

Fruitcake Roons
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 can (439 g) DEL MONTE Fresh Cut Crushed Pineapple, well drained
2/3 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup glzed fruits
1/2 cup raisins
1 cup toasted cashew nuts, coarsely chopped
2 tbsp brandy (bought Emperador Light)
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup margarine
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
2 tbsp molasses
paper cups

Procedure:
1. Cook brown sugar and DEL MONTE Crushed Pineapple for 12 minutes or until dry. Set aside.
2. Sift flour, baking soda and salt together. Set aside.
3. Mix glazed fruits, raisins, nuts, candied crushed pineapple, brandy and cinnamon. Coat with flour mixture. Set aside.
4; Cream margarine until light and fluffy. Gradually add white sugar then egg, blend thoroughly.
5. Add molasses and blend fruit-flour mixture with the batter. Drop 1 heaping tablespoon in each paper cups. Bake at 300'F in a preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until cooked.

Yield: about 36 roons on a 3/4 size baking cups

0 comments:

 

My Adventures In Simple Baking Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design