Cheese Bars

Another recipe that I got from Bake Happy Manila courtesy of Yshie's Sweets. I love the subtle taste of the cheese coz it's not overpowering and just right and not too sweet. I don't know why they say that it's too sweet coz there's 2 cups of sugar here. I think it's just right but hey if you wanna lessen the sugar then do so.
I yielded 48 equal bars on a 10x13 rectangular pan. It's done for about 40 minutes or so. I read from the FB page comments that if you don't want to darken the cheese toppings you can cover it with foil paper maybe before it darkens more? I forgot when to add the foil paper but I guess that's a good tip coz mine had a very dark brown cheese on top. But it didn't affected the taste coz it really tasted good :)

Cheese Bars (adapted from Yshie's Sweets Bake Happy Manila)

Ingredients
4 cups All Purpose Flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup butter
2 cups white sugar
1 egg
1 can condensed milk(big can)
1 bar cheese (I used Eden cheese). Grate then halved.

Procedure:
1. Mix all purpose flour, baking powder and salt then set aside.
2. Cream butter and sugar then add egg, condensed milk and the halved cheese. Mix well then add the dry ingredients.
3. Transfer the batter into your prepared pan(10x13 rectangular pan) then top with remaining cheese.
4. Bake at 160'C(325'F) for 45 minutes.

0 comments:

 

My Adventures In Simple Baking Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design