Lengua De Gato

These thin cookies are really to die for cookies! It's main ingredient is butter so don't settle for "pretending to be butter" ingredient or else you won't get an authentic Lengua De Gato taste that you want.

When I was baking yema cake for orders, I always had extra egg whites that I don't know where to use at. Yeah, I heard about lengua de gato but I guess I really didn't paid much attention to it coz I thought it's hard to make. Boy, I was wrong! In fact, it is so easy to make.

I got this recipe from Bake Happy Manila FB page courtesy of Ms. Marie Tayag. If you have time, try this recipe too, you won't regret it :)


Lengua De Gato (Marie Tayag Recipe)

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup super fine sugar
2 egg whites
1 cup flour, sifted 2x
1/2 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt

Procedure:
1. Preheat oven at 350'F.
2. Prepare cookie sheets and line with parchment paper.
3. Cream butter and sugar.
4. Add egg whites one at a time beating well after each addition then add vanilla and salt.
5. Continue to beat for 3-5 minutes.
6. Add flour and mix until well blended.
7. Transfer cookie dough into piping bag with any tip that you like.
8. Pipe 2 1/2-3 inches long and 2 inches apart.
9. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are starting to brown.
10. Transfer to cooling rack and cool completely.

0 comments:

 

My Adventures In Simple Baking Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design