Mini Kababayans (Filipino Muffins)

This could have easily been a success if I just achieved the shape of the hat I was aiming for. I don't know why mine wasn't shaped just like the ones I see on the net, but I quickly had the answer. Well it's because the recipe where I got it also didn't had the hat shape. It was also like mine with a round top. I guess I would try this another recipe where the muffins has a more bump and more prominent and really shape like a Mexican hat.

Taste wise, this is delicious, soft and not too sweet. The kids loved it that I saved it for their morning snack at school the day after :)

Kababayan (Filipino Muffins)- adapted from Kiss The Foodie Blog

You need:
  • 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup  cooking oil
  • 2 tbsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp salt
  • melted butter for greasing the pan
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
  3. In another mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla extract and whisk until smooth.
  4. Add this mixture into the dry ingredients and mix just until well combined.
  5. Grease the muffin pans with melted butter.
  6. Transfer the mixture into the greased muffin pans using an ice cream scoop or spoon full.
  7. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until brown.
  8. Remove from muffin pans and cool on wire racks.

0 comments:

 

My Adventures In Simple Baking Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design